No longer able to download from LOTW ??

STABLE and BETA version discussions
K9PLG

No longer able to download from LOTW ??

Post#1 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:34 am

LoTW request failed. The most common cause of this failure is either an incorrect account was used, or the wrong password was entered.
No new LoTW QSO records found.
LoTW request failed. The most common cause of this failure is either an incorrect account was used, or the wrong password was entered.
No new LoTW QSL records found.

I know they recently made a change, saw some posts on LOTW Yahoo group - can't remember the details...

k0jdd
Founder

Re: No longer able to download from LOTW ??

Post#2 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:52 am

posting on behalf of John Marvin

"After doing some research, it appears the LoTW server changed their protocol options to strict checking to fix a vulnerability. However, that broke a variety of clients, including NetLogger. I had already decided I was going to do a 3.1.6 release to fix some bugs and make some other minor changes, but this problem will mean that I need to get it out sooner, although I may not be able to get a new one out for a week or two. So just hold off for now and upgrade when the new release comes out and you should be able to get the status updates. Meanwhile I believe the uploads still work, and you can check recent status on the LoTW website."

K9PLG

Re: No longer able to download from LOTW ??

Post#3 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:24 am

Any ETA on a fix ??

Have found a work around by resetting last LOTW check date... then when I do an update, it pulls everything LOTW has QSOs for, takes a while for almost 3K contacts but works so I only do it once a week or so.. was just a lot easier & faster to check them in small groups of recently uploaded contacts...

Best Regards,
Paul

Return to “NetLogger (Stable and Beta)”