Netlogger online or on Android Smartphone?

STABLE and BETA version discussions
N9HTZ

Netlogger online or on Android Smartphone?

Post#1 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:25 am

There used to be a web based version of Netlogger that would run on my phone. I can't find it and the old link that I had is dead.

It worked well for when I was on mobile. I was too occupied to actually log on it but, I could track the list and my turn.

Suggestions???

k0jdd
Founder

Re: Netlogger online or on Android Smartphone?

Post#2 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:14 am

IIRC the NetLogger Web version was retired in July 2015 due to very limited use versus the high cost to keep it running.

For mobile ops I would recommend a laptop paired with a smartphone that provides a wifi hotspot.

You can put this together fairly cheaply using a relatively new 'off-lease' laptop and a free Linux Distribution (if necessary.)
DELL, NEW-EGG and others have these devices for sale on an ongoing basis. Dell usually includes some sort of warranty.

I have seen them as low as $150, which is way more then you paid for your smartphone. (Google 'off-lease laptop')

This type of equipment is sometimes but not always sold without a license for Windows, so a free Linux distribution is the answer in that case. If the only thing you use the laptop for is mobile operations you will find the linux learning curve to be very short.

Return to “NetLogger (Stable and Beta)”