Suggestion

STABLE and BETA version discussions
N5GGG

Suggestion

Post#1 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:56 pm

Couple of suggestions...

AIM Window: Have it default to being at the bottom when opened so it scrolls. Currently it just stays where it was when opened.

Net Monitors windows: Have it scroll up, as new people log in at the bottom, so NCS can see who is joining and may want to check in.

Bug? This may just be a problem with my system, as netlogger 2.4 did the exact same thing. When logging a call, highlighting it, and sending it to eQSL via the program, and then exiting netlogger...on the next launch of netlogger, the signal reports are missing for the last entry. Noticing 2.9 beta does the exact same thing, and cannot exactly replicate it each time, but does it often enough that I log myself as the last entry before exiting netlogger, and then delete myself on next run of the program so I dont lose the signal report of the last entry.

If this isnt a netlogger or eQSL issue, and someone knows what causes it, please PM me. Running WIndows 7 ultimate on a i7 platform with 16GB ram and SSD, but netlogger is installed on hard drive E.

Dave
N5GGG

ac0zg

Re: Suggestion

Post#2 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:09 pm

AIM Window: Have it default to being at the bottom when opened so it scrolls. Currently it just stays where it was when opened.

I thought it was already doing that, but I just checked and although it is very close, it's not at the actual bottom, so it doesn't autoscroll. I'll fix that.
Net Monitors windows: Have it scroll up, as new people log in at the bottom, so NCS can see who is joining and may want to check in.

I'll consider adding that as an optional feature in the future. I don't think everyone would want that by default. Possibly enabled by another checkbox at the top.
Bug? This may just be a problem with my system, as netlogger 2.4 did the exact same thing. When logging a call, highlighting it, and sending it to eQSL via the program, and then exiting netlogger...on the next launch of netlogger, the signal reports are missing for the last entry. Noticing 2.9 beta does the exact same thing, and cannot exactly replicate it each time, but does it often enough that I log myself as the last entry before exiting netlogger, and then delete myself on next run of the program so I dont lose the signal report of the last entry.

I have a few questions regarding this:

1) Did you enter the signal reports in the checkin table before you hit "Log Contact", or did you hit "Log Contact" and then enter the signal reports in the Contacts table? NOTE: my personal preference is to enter the signal reports in the Checkin table. In fact I typically enter the signal report I am going to send as I am listening to various stations I would like to contact. Then I make the contact (using the signal report I already logged), enter the received signal report and click "Log Contact".
2) If you entered the signal reports in the Contacts table afterwards (which is what I suspect you are doing), the edit may not have been committed yet. Are the "Post Edit" button (has a Check Mark icon) and "Cancel Edit" (has an "X" icon) button highlighted still when you exit? If so, that is what is causing the problem (and why you saw similar behavior in NL2.4). I'll look at auto-committing an uncommitted change upon exit. Meanwhile, you don't need to log another entry. Just click on the "Post Edit" button or click on another line in the Contacts table (which will commit the change). Just make sure the Post Edit button is greyed out when you exit. I don't think this has anything to do with the eQSL upload.

N5GGG

Post#3 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:20 am

You are correct, I enter the reports POST "log contact". Will pay attention to the edit status from now on. Most likely the culprit.
Thanks.

ac0zg

Post#4 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:07 am

Actually, I made a change in 2.9.14 which auto commits any pending changes if you exit NetLogger. So you should not run into this problem anymore if you are using 2.9.14.

N5GGG

Post#5 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:09 am

You are correct, I have not had this issue since upgrading to 2.9.14. Thanks.

Return to “NetLogger (Stable and Beta)”