Export data incorrect

STABLE and BETA version discussions
KK7H
Posts: 3

Export data incorrect

Post#1 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:05 pm

Since upgrading to the newest version I have had issues with the exported adif file. I export the file and then upload it to my log book and then to LoTW , eqsl, and QRZ log book. The Band field data is written "1M" no mater what frequency the contact took place on. The frequency field is correct. This causes some problems with LoTW and I have to edit the ADIF record before it will upload to their server. This is only happening with contacts being exported out of NetLogger, so I think something maybe incorrect in the new version. I have checked contacts that were exported out of the previous version and the data is correct.
Thanks & 73

Mike Hamner KK7H

KK7H
Posts: 3

Re: Export data incorrect

Post#2 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:09 am

Follow up test:
I just tested the export out of HRD with three contacts that were imported from another system and the band_rx is correct. I retested the exporting contacts the were imported out of NetLogger, and the band_rx is 1m. this tells me that the problem might not be with HRD, as it is only exporting the data that is has. I could be wrong, but it is looking that way.
Thank you for any help with this.
Mike Hamner
KK7H

User avatar
k0jdd
Founder
Posts: 98

Re: Export data incorrect

Post#3 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:22 pm

This is a bug in HRD.

Netlogger exports the band_rx field as a zero length field which is perfectly legal per the ADIF specification.
<band_rx:0> - Check the netlogger adif file for yourself.

HRD should ignore this field, but instead HRD incorrectly interprets this as 1Meter and subsequently will export it as 1Meter.
Yes HRD exports the data it has, but it has manufactured the incorrect data all by itself.


As a courtesy, Ver 3.1.4 will include a change to work around HRD's issue, even though the problem does not lie within NetLogger.

KK7H
Posts: 3

Re: Export data incorrect

Post#4 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:39 pm

Hi John:
In the tests that I have run, I think you exactly correct. I checked the data out from net logger and did not find anything out of the ordinary. I then imported it into HRD and the Band_rx field had "1m" in the field. I have worked around the issue by sorting the Band_rx field and bulk editing it to the correct data for the frequency.

I am aware that NetLoggeer will upload to eqsl and LoTW, but I like to fill in the station info and full name in the main log.
Thanks for your help and analysis of the problem. For the record, Thank you very much for all that you do for the OMISS group and NetLogger.
73
DE
Mike KK7H

Return to “NetLogger (Stable and Beta)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

cron