netlogger 2.19.16 x64

STABLE and BETA version discussions
KK4KIN

netlogger 2.19.16 x64

Post#1 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:53 pm

Hi I am fairly new to ubuntu 14.4
trying to install netlogger is not working out to well, is there a simple help file for new comers" lol " to unbuntu I don't understand all of the read me file for installing
it keeps telling me the directory or file does not exist, I have No examples as to see how it is entered to connect the dots
I assume this is my home directory? >>> kin@kin-System-Product-Name:
and it tells me I need to run as Root?
Thanks KK4KIN Kin'

ac0zg

Re: netlogger 2.19.16 x64

Post#2 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:37 pm

OK, Here's an example for installing as root (you don't need to be root to run the program, just to install NetLogger).

1) First become root by either logging in as root or using "su" or "sudo" (if sudo has been set up for your account).
2) After you've unpacked the outer tar archive, run the install script, e.g.:

./install

3) The first prompt will ask for a NetLogger install directory. An appropriate location would be:

/usr/local/share/netlogger

4) The second prompt will ask for a location for the netlogger shell script. An appropriate location would be:

/usr/local/bin

Once you've done that, the install script should install netlogger. Let me know of any errors. Once it is installed you can just type:

netlogger

at the command prompt to start netlogger. You should start a terminal window from the GUI to get a command prompt (that will ensure that your DISPLAY environment variable is set appropriately). It's also possible to set up a netlogger launcher so that netlogger can be directly launched from the GUI, but the instructions to do that vary depending on which GUI you are using.

In the future (e.g. when a new version of NetLogger is released that you want to upgrade to), if you want to upgrade your netlogger version, you'll need to remove the old version first. You should do the following as root:

rm -rf /usr/local/share/netlogger
rm /usr/local/bin/netlogger

and then follow the above instructions to install the new version.

effirlem

Post#3 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:33 am

Hi, name here is Mel. I just wanted to say that I used your instructions and installed 'Netlogger" without a hitch. My OS is Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

One thing that I noticed though, is that some columns are too narrow for the text to be put in them. Is this the way it is supposed to be or is it something that needs to be looked into?

ac0zg

Post#4 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:33 am

You can change the column width and column order (and whether or not a column is displayed at all). To change the column width move your mouse to the line that separates the column heading (on the right hand side of the column you want to change). The cursor should change to two vertical bars with left and right arrows. Click and drag the mouse to expand or shrink the column.

If you want to change the order of columns, click the column header somewhere other than on the edge. drag the column to the new desired location and release the mouse button.

effirlem

Post#5 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:23 am

Thanks, I have made the changes that I wanted. Again thanks

Mel

skipdashu

Post#6 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:59 am

If you download the .deb file it should be a 1 button install... it was on Mint.

Return to “NetLogger (Stable and Beta)”