Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon 64-bit

Ask a question. Or answer one.
Goldie55

Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon 64-bit

Post#1 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:43 pm

I am trying to set up an existing NetLogger program. The original program is Windows based. I am trying to set up the program using Linux Mint. I've been able to install and set up the program, and it runs but with a few problems. First I was told to look in: C:>Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Netlogger for Contacts.adi and then look in C:>Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Netlogger\MiscProfiles where I should find the .prf file. I've copied the Contacts.adi file, from the Windows program, into my Home folder, where the NetLogger program is located, and the contact list comes up. My problem is I can't find the .prf file anywhere on the PC.
How can I create that .prf file and will it work if store it in the Home folder?

k0jdd
Founder

Re: Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon 64-bit

Post#2 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:50 pm

Which club profile file (.prf) are you looking for?

For a number of groups, NetLogger knows where to look on the internet to download the .prf files for each group and where to store them. This list includes OMISS, 3905cc, HHHnet, GOBG, Moonlighters, SVARA, YLsystem, and AAUNET

You are only going to have a .prf in the MiscProfiles sub directory for some other club if you have manually copied it there yourself. If you don't recall doing that, then maybe there is nothing to find.

Also please note that by default windows (all versions) does not show the extension for filenames, so maybe its just obscured form your eyes. You can change this behavior in the Folders and Search options. tip: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/show-file ... in-windows

Goldie55

Re: Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon 64-bit

Post#3 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:11 am

Thank you for your reply k0jdd,

Once a friend told me how to show the hidden filed, in Mint, it was easy to find that MiscProfiles directory then I found and replaced that .prf file with a correct one. Now NetLogger seems to be working like I thought it should, even using Mint.

Return to “"How To?" Q&A”