Changes

Post ideas of things you would like to see.
There are no guarantees that your request will be implemented.
KF5GTX

Changes

Post#1 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:12 am

When NCS enters a callsign, it should be in uppercase letters.

The name (optional) field creates issues when you import you logbook from 2.4 because the callsign (KF5GTX) doesn't match the one in the Beta version (KF5GTX-BOBBY).

The (rel) relay designation makes stations show up as orange. That's great for NCS.
The refresh is awesome!

73, Bobby KF5GTX
73, Bobby Duncan, KF5GTX
3905CCN, NATA, OMISS, YLSystem
http://www.kf5gtx.com

ac0zg

Re: Changes

Post#2 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:00 am

When NCS enters a callsign, it should be in uppercase letters.

It is automatically converted to uppercase as soon as you exit editing mode (i.e. hit tab, return, click to another cell, etc.). Are you not seeing that happen? Is that behavior not good enough, i.e. are you asking for the characters to be entered as upper case as you type them? I'm not sure that is worth the effort. Any other opinions?

The name (optional) field creates issues when you import you logbook from 2.4 because the callsign (KF5GTX) doesn't match the one in the Beta version (KF5GTX-BOBBY).

Yes, that can cause problems. That is why it is optional. But I also added a preference setting that helps fix this issue. In the Contacts section of the Edit/Preferences dialog there is a checkbox labeled Callsign only for Operator. This causes only the callsign to be entered into the Contacts table when you log a contact, rather than the entire Operator value. With that option enabled you can have an Operator value with a combined callsign and name, and still only have your callsign entered for all of your contacts.

The (rel) relay designation makes stations show up as orange. That's great for NCS.
The refresh is awesome!

Thanks!

John
AC0ZG

KF5GTX

Re: Changes

Post#3 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:17 pm

That works great! Thank you for all of your work on this great program!
I have noticed a significant increase in NATA and 3905CCN checkins since they started using Netlogger. Fantastic!
73, Bobby Duncan, KF5GTX
3905CCN, NATA, OMISS, YLSystem
http://www.kf5gtx.com

Return to “Suggestions for Changes and Enhancements”